Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Photosmart C4480 Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cean

cean

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

Hello everyone. I have a problem regarding my HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One printer. Everytime I turn on the device, it says INSERT paper... The device instructs me to align the paper. It annoys me because when I turn on the printer the message is showed again and again. The ink is wasted everytime I print an alignment page.

Another problem is the scan alignment page process. After I put the page face down on the scanner, after the scanning process, it says ALIGNMENT FAILED, you may continue using the printer...blah blah blah.

What happened in my printer? Please post in your suggestions and solutions to stop the printer showing the PRINTER ALIGNMENT message repetitively.

Thank you very much! :)

Edited by cean, 07 September 2011 - 04:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cean

cean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

UP!

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

First I want to put the product support URL up here for your HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One Printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3418705&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&tmp_track_link=ot_we/prodlink/en_us/3418705/loc:0&cc=us

You did not mention what your operating system is, so I suggest you go to this page below and select your operating system, then download the drivers and software package for your C4480.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3418705&

Uninstall the old drivers and software you currently have installed for your printer.

Install the new drivers and software you just downloaded.

Print an alignment page and then try printing a normal document afterwards, see if it still wants to do an alignment page and post back here how it turned out.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 cean

cean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:36 AM

I already did that sir. BTW, my OS is Win XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users