Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite A105-s4284 factory settings help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sylverkitti

Sylverkitti

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

This laptop belongs to a handicapped neighbor friend of mine, its older the date on it is 2005 I believe. As far as I know it does not have the hidden partition that houses the OS. Nor does she remember if she has or ever had discs for it. She mainly uses it to email DR.s and family, and looking up health related info. Not much else. Its got to the point its so darn slow, its just insane. My dell got like that, I reset it to factory and its soooo much faster now. Problem is no matter what I search on the matter or what site I go to, nothing is clear to me or its the wrong info. I found one site that had info saying a recovery CD(s)could be burnt but it was for vista OS not XP even if it was the same exact model. I look and there is no option to burn these CDs that I can find, only to burn a cd to recover the express media center. Noone cares about that....:(
Any ideas on what to do or is she out of luck on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

I read the manual at their website, http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=1467727&rpn=PSAA8U&modelFilter=A105-S4284&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663, and there is no mention of a recovery partition or recovery disk. Can you take a screenshot of disk management (Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc) to confirm?

I recall a site for recovery disks. I'll dig through my bookmarks and edit this post if I find something.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:47 AM

Recovery Media is generally available for models produced since 2006. Older models are not supported.

https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/serviceUnitVerification.jsp
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users