Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard - Ignoring Keys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AGlass0fMilk

AGlass0fMilk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

This started a while ago, and as Im on the affected computer its quite hard to type this because my single quote key is broken and it randomly types, thus I require a program to block this. Although I am adept with computers and could probably write my own program to do this specific task, I would like to know if you know of any programs that already do it to save me the time, I am having trouble finding one. Its very annoying and doesnt happen all the time, I have tried the windows accessibility feature of Filter Keys, but that is not what I want. Im pretty sure it isnt a virus or punkware, I believe it is hardware

So please, help me find a way to:
A.) Fix 'my LAPTOP's keyboard without replacing it (it is an internally connected laptop and replacement keyboards are ~$50)
B.) Introduce me to a program that can block a specific' keys keyboard input

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AGlass0fMilk

AGlass0fMilk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Also, since the single quote key on Firefox activates quickfind, it is especially annoying while using Firefox and I have been forced to actually use Internet Explorer a couple of times :('''

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users