Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats your weirdest or funniest date story?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JoseyEarp

JoseyEarp

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Please share some of your stories on 1st date disasters. Some of mine crazy lol :o

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

Whats a date? LOL!
I have heard rumors that such a thing exists but have not been able to confirm that.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

Everything you wanted to know about a date.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Ohh gosh. That is so not for prime time :lmao:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

Okay ... not exactly a date, but a story about my high school girlfriend, back in 1970 or so.

My high school girlfriend had a pet skunk -- de-scented, of course. He was pretty old and overweight by the time we met. After we'd been going together for about a year he passed away.

She was heartbroken. She moped around and didn't want to do anything.

For a high school boy, having a heartbroken girlfriend who doesn't want to do anything is a pretty terrible thing. So, I found a pet store that had de-scented baby skunks and I bought her one.

She was thrilled! She was happy! Life was good again!

Unfortunately, she put him in the same cage that the other skunk had been in. While the other skunk had been old, overweight, and not very ambitious ... this little guy was a bundle of curiosity and energy. In less than a week he managed to get out of the cage and escaped into the night.

Things were sad again in boyfriend town.

So, a night or two later, at about 2:00 AM, I borrowed the family car and went out cruising my girlfriend's neighborhood, looking for the little skunk. By a stroke of luck it was garbage night! Everybody had their garbage cans out at the curb ... and skunks abounded!

Have you ever noticed that most skunks look alike?

Eventually I found one who looked like he was the right size ... and really, what could go wrong?

I slammed on the brakes, hopped out of my parents car, and ran towards the little skunk. He was startled for a moment, then turned and started running away. I chased him through ... somebody's ... garbage cans, across their front lawn, under their car, around through their side yard, and into a garden in their back yard.

The little skunk was so surprised he apparently forgot he was a skunk. For a few minutes. And then he remembered! He slammed on the brakes, flipped up his tail (I'm pretty sure his back feet actually came up off the ground!) ... and something wet hit me in the forehead.

Man! Did that smell bad!

Well, the skunk took off again, and (since he was obviously not the one I was looking for) I let him go.

I got back into the family car, drove the 20 minutes back to the house, and found two big cans of tomato juice to scrub down with in the bath tub.

Tomato juice doesn't work all that well. I still smelled kind of bad ... plus, scrubbing with the tomato juice gave me a rash. Fortunately, I didn't wake anyone else in the house up.

So my Dad didn't really know what happened ... until he got up, showered, put on his suit, and got into the car to drive to the train station and go to work. :censored:

Edited by Capn Easy, 08 September 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I had an ex girl-friend - ex mind you - who went on a group date - bunch of couples. We piled into two cars - her and her date in one, me and mine in another. Well as luck would have it, her and the boy friend hit a dead skunk. The car stuuuunnnk! I loved it and will never forget the night the two of them stopped at a car wash to "try" to remove the stench. Poetic justice at its finest! :notme:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

Man, these stories funny! I wonder how my first date is gonna work out -.-'

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#9 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:54 AM

Now that is a :cool: proposal :lmao:

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#10 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

I can't recall any stories offhand, but the topic reminds me of this video.

#11 10 Beers

10 Beers

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:48 AM

Well, back in my wayward youth me and my main went out to The Creek to do a bit of Fandango. We were parked on a slight slope.
In the heat of the moment one of us knocked the gear shift out of park and the parking brake wasn't set. We coasted down and nosed over into the water. No major damage to the car but it put an end to the fun and games. We had to walk back to town to get my brother and his jeep to pull the car out. That was back in the late 60's and he still reminds me about it.
Another time we were out in the bushes and we rolled around in poison ivy.

#12 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

Ouch, poison ivy :o

>Michael 

#13 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

Not exactly a date by textbook definition, and it wasn't exactly funny when it happened but very....enjoyable (for me).....afterwards.

I was dating a young divorcee (Michelle) with 2 young kids (not mine) when one day we decided it would be fun for the two of us and a couple we were friendly with (Vinny & Elise) to take her 2 kids, Elise's 3 kids & Michelle's sisters' 3 kids to the beach. Long story short, our two dates rode in Michelle's sister's station wagon with 6 of the children while Vinny, the 2 other kids & I rode in my almost brand spankin' new 1977 Grand Prix, with Michelle following me.

Well apparently some "kiddie mayhem" ensued in the station wagon...cut to the chase...while Michelle & Elise were both trying to get the kids to calm down they both hadn't noticed the red light I had stopped at...and she PLOWED right into the back of my car. My first thoughts were if the kids/girls were okay (they were).

My car's rear end was DEMOLISHED and while Michelle never actually paid me back for the $ it cost me to fix it she repaid me.....in other...extremely pleasurable ways.... repeatedly....for months.... until I finally "forgave" her. :)

Edited by Union_Thug, 13 September 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#14 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

When my husband and i were dateing, we lived in a small town, so as with just about
every small town there's one place that everybody gathers, our's was the bowlin alley
we meet some friends there, grabbed a couple of six pack's and decided to go ride around
as we were riden around, talk of the "DAWAOO"(kinda like local big foot) started,
we road up to the mountain, got out of the car and just hung out shootin the breeze
Now beer has a weird way of wantin to be released if you catch my drift....
So I made my hubby walk into the woods with me,beer all released, when i suddenly
heard somethin crashin thru the trees( good thing that beer had already been released
cuz at that point my britches would have been wet...)I grabbed my hubby's hand and started runnin like the devil was chasin me, he kept yellin slow down as i dragged him thru bushes, broken tree limb's
I kept yellin you hurry up!!
We made it back to the car, to find our friends howlin their fool heads off...
our buddy Jeff had whipped that pony bottle thru the trees...i just about wet myself in relief
my hubby was scratched up perty dang good from me draggin him thru that brush...
I can't really say i was sorry, kinda poetic justice, on our first date he took me to the movies
and that man made me sit thru "KING KONG" I couldn't believe it...but i married him anyway
I like a challenge.... :lmao:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#15 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

oops double post again...nobody needs to go thru that twice... :lol:

Edited by MissPlaced, 13 September 2011 - 07:59 PM.

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users