Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Defender.exe Headache

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Djentlemenx

Djentlemenx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

So I've gotten the annoying Defender.exe virus. I have no problem getting it to go away, for about 10 minutes.

It then decides to pop-up again - even with AVG active and running constantly.

I've ran ComboFix at least 10 times, Malwarebytes the same. I've ran AVG, Spybot, Trend Micro, etc. Nothing works. It will detect the files, but then they seem to just come right back.

Any ideas? Whether I manually delete the registry entries and files or do it automatically - it still comes back. I can be sitting on the desktop playing solitaire and it does it. So frustrating, ready to just wipe clean and install Ubuntu if I can't get this fixed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.
Including a link to this thread will be helpful.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users