Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3-Way SLI causing BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shiftplusone

shiftplusone

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hey there, I'm going through some trouble of a new PC I just built and I'm getting pretty damn frustrated.

I have it all built, and my computer boots up just fine into Windows 7, but not with SLI enabled. When I open the NVidia control panel and try to turn on SLI, the screen goes black and I get a BSOD saying:
"** STOP 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFF0000005,0xFFFFF88010009E3D8,0xFFFFF88003376F18,0xFFFFF88003376780)

** nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFF8801009E3D8 base at FFFFF8800FE7D000, DateStamp 4dd73a68"

I've tried:
doing the stock drivers, the most recent drivers, and everything in between including betas.
Switching the cards around
Swapping out the SLI bridge
making sure their all plugged in correctly
updated the Motherboard BIOS

I cannot figure this out for the life of me.

My specs are:
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z (BIOS 0403)
i7 2600k @ 3.40
16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333
Corsair AX1200
3x EVGA GTX570
120GB OCZ Vertex 3
2TB Caviar

Everything SHOULD be working fine, but I can't figure this out! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

That's the thing about these tri-SLI configurations, they can be a huge pain in the butt.

Let's give a shot:

• Try Dual-SLI first
  • Make sure you only have 2 inserted when doing Dual, 3 inserted with a dual bridge can cause more crashes.
  • If Dual works, try swapping one of the cards out for the third.

Let's make sure all three cards we are using are functioning properly.

Also, unless I missed something in looking the board up, ASUS has not made a Rampage IV yet. Is this the Rampage III?

With all that top of the line hardware, is it safe to assume you using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit?

By the way, geez that thing is a monster! What do you need that much power for? :o

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 06 September 2011 - 12:02 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users