Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of DEATH

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chancho2003

chancho2003

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hello my friends, I am currently trying to fix an employee's personal computer.
SPECS:-Toshiba Satellite
-Windows XP Home ed.
-Pentium M 1.6 GHz
-512 MB (DDR SDRAM)

Here is whats happening: press power button > toshiba boot screen(normal) > yukon PXE v 3.03 alpha 01(which I googled and read that maybe the BIOS is messed up and trying boot from a network instead of the HD)> safe mode screen automatically (when I try any of the options they don't work it just shows the windows normal boot screen for about 2 secs and then blue screens)> the blue screen is so quick that I can't read it (sorry)> Repeat

I asked the lady what she was in when this happened and her response was my McAfee expired that day and I just got on firefox then it blue screened

Here's what I have tried so far: I tried to change the boot sequence to HD > tried to boot Hiren's Boot CD > tried to boot Spotmau power suite 2010 > tried to boot from XP disc (to do repair)refuses to boot anything from optical drive. > tried to boot in all versions of safe mode which will run through the .sys sequence then blue screen.> Running out of ideas

My theory is that the HD may be completely whacked. Any suggestions would be great Thanks!

My theory is that the HD might be

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chancho2003

chancho2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

here are some pics I took: Posted Image
Posted Image