Jump to content
Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:14 AM
Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:19 AM
Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:35 AM
Windows does not use third party drivers for optical drives. EXACTLY what is going on and what led up to it (new s/w, h/w, virus, etc)?
Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:58 AM
Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:15 PM
Again, there are NO drivers for you to install for cd & dvd drives.
Since the information provided by you is limited, here is a list of things you can try:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users