Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Printer ADF having problems feeding paper correctly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ryan Caplet_*

Guest_Ryan Caplet_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Dear Bleeping Computer Community,

I have been working with a few multifunction devices that users have reported to have problems feeding paper through the ADF. The models of these MFDs are Xerox Phaser 3300 MFPs. I was just wondering if there were any known defects that these printers have that I should be aware of concerning the ADF. Let me know your thoughts if you have used one of these devices before and let me know how it worked for you.

Thanks,

Ryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I am not aware of any recalls on this product, I am curious how many of these multi function devices are you experiencing issues with?

What exactly is happening? Is the paper feeding through crooked? Or is it simply jamming in the paper feed?

The printer portion is what you are experiencing the issues with, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Guest_Ryan Caplet_*

Guest_Ryan Caplet_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I am not aware of any recalls on this product, I am curious how many of these multi function devices are you experiencing issues with?

What exactly is happening? Is the paper feeding through crooked? Or is it simply jamming in the paper feed?

The printer portion is what you are experiencing the issues with, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

It is the ADF. Sometimes the users say it pulls the paper through crooked. I have seen it go in crooked once or twice. One time I saw it jammed because there were little pieces of paper stuck in the ADF. I don't know if the users are just being rough or are other people like yourself having similar problems with this particular MFD. I am mostly focused on the copying/scanning portion of the device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users