Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long file names not getting picked up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nutty7

Nutty7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

Hi guys (and gals).

I'm having a problem not with installing soundpools on my system, but with actually getting all of the samples recognised within the library of Magix Music Maker. I know for a fact that it has something to do with it's inability to pick up on long file names that don't have an underscore for spaces on many of them.
I did at one point see a video that explained how to use a program called Advanced Renamer to actually put the underscore in those filenames, without having to trawl through all of them and manually putting_the_underscores_in_cause_it_would_drive_anybody_barmy (the number of times I just hit the bracket key in that alone was almost enough). So I've tried looking through the forums on the AR website, and I looked for any useful 'how to' vid on Youtube, but they're all about just clicking on 'adding styles' which isn't what I'm looking for. So I was wondering (as well as hoping and praying), if anyone with the voice of experience (if not expertise), could actually tell me how to do this with Advanced Renamer, cause I'm afraid logic isn't exactly my strong point.
I get filenames in my sound samples from the soundpool in subfolders which are in turn in folders given a name to indicated their 'style' (rock, chillout etc).
The filenames might look something like
Grand Piano A.ogg
Grand Piano C.ogg
Grand Piano F Sharp.ogg
But they need to look like
Grand_Piano_A.ogg
Grand_Piano_F_Sharp.ogg
Any help would be appreciated....I know this is probably in the wrong place, but I am using Windows 7, and Magix Music does work on 7, it just refuses to handle long file names like it should. Magix has been asked about this numerous times, and nothing has been forthcoming from them, so I really have come here as a last resort to finding out how to get this sorted out.
Thanks for reading this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Train2104

Train2104

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

Try Creative Element Power Tools and the find/replace function in Power Rename.

#3 Nutty7

Nutty7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

Try Creative Element Power Tools and the find/replace function in Power Rename.

That's a negative. Thanks for the suggestion but I hear that that particular program is shareware, which I'm no fan of so it's never getting on my system, plus it doesn't handle files in the same way as Advanced Renamer, which allows you to add files as well as folders in one fell swoop rather than going through directories and sub-directories. Unless you happen to know different, in which case it'd be awesome if you could describe the process I would need to take (apart from installing said program) in order to go through changing all those filenames with that particular program. I'll take that suggestion as a last resort in the meantime, even though it may give me RSI in the process of going through a hundred seperate directories with over sixty files in each one of them.

Thanks anyway!

Edited by Nutty7, 07 September 2011 - 05:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users