Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Can't Find System32\system.32.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hiro1

Hiro1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:24 PM

When Windows starts up the first thing I see is "Windows cannot fine 'C:\windows\system32\system32.exe' make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again..."

I think it got chewed up by a virus a year or so ago. I'm tired of seeing that message on my parents computer and am petty sure the computer needs that file or something. What can I do?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

Hi There :thumbsup:

I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review. I bet you are wondering what HijackThis is. Well it's a program that is simply able to show others what's going on inside your computer, in terms of infection etc..

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please wait for a few days and one of our experts will get onto fixing your computer for you.

Please be aware that this new year we have been swamped so it may take a week for a reply.

David

#3 Hiro1

Hiro1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:45 PM

Awsome. Thank you.
Posted Image

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

:thumbsup:

#5 Hiro1

Hiro1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

ad-aware took care of it somehow...I think. The computer doesn't do it anymore when it starts.
Posted Image

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:38 AM

Hi Hiro1

I'm glad to hear that adaware took care of it. If it comes back let us know as this is appearing more and more :thumbsup:

DT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users