Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Some Help With My Mitsumi Cd-r/cd-rw Drive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sarahnlayne

sarahnlayne

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

I've been having trouble with my cd-r/cd-rw drive.... i try to burn a cd and it says please insert a disk, even though i havea blank disk in there. and when i go to my adaptec direct cd wizard and try to run it, it says device not ready. its been doing this for weeks now and im getting really frustrated! does anyone know how to fix this i would appreciate your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieP

RichieP

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:18 PM

Has it worked with the same brand of disks before? Some drives are fussy which disks they will accept.

#3 sarahnlayne

sarahnlayne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

yes i am using the same disks that ive always used, memorex or discs from staples. they have always worked before

#4 RichieP

RichieP

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

Try a lens cleaner. If that doesn't work, go into Device Manager and uninstall the cd writer. Then reboot and reinstall. If still no luck, try updating the firmware.

Edited by RichieP, 20 January 2006 - 05:10 PM.

#5 sarahnlayne

sarahnlayne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

someone will have to walk me through it step by step..... im dumb when it comes to that kind of stuff! i dont have the software to reinstall it on my computer though, it came already installed in the computer when it was bought... so i cant do that

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

Try what RichieP suggested and get a CD Lens Cleaner from an electronics store. If this an older computer its quite likely its just dirty.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 bob h

bob h

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

I've had problems with my mitsumi cd drive also. I clicked on properties and there was a yellow exclamation mark next to that on the list of items in my computer. I was told I had to go online and download a repair for it and so far I have not been able to. It is in an old computer with windows 98 in it and I inserted the windows program 98 but that did not fix it. I could use help with this problem also. I went on line and saw that there were a lot of people having some sort of Mitsumi problem. Is there a mitsumi sight for factory repairs?

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:35 AM

If needed you can get firmware upgrades for Mitsumi Optical Drives here. If done, do this carefully. If the flash is interrupted you can destroy the drive. There is also a diagnostic program for 95/98.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users