Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where to learn more about removing viruses/spyware/malware?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

I've had to deal with a few infected computers lately, but virus/spyware/malware removal is one area of computers that I'm not very strong in. I usually have people run the basic scans (their AV, malwarebytes, etc) but I'd like to learn more about it (so I can help people more when they come to me with issues, and I don't have to come here every time). Is there anywhere online I could go to learn more? It's really annoying not being able to help people more when their computer is infected.

Basically, I'd really like to be able to fix an infected computer on my own without having to have someone from this forum give steps to clean it (other than really bad infections, which I'd probably still have to come here for).

Edited by lhamil64, 05 September 2011 - 01:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

You can apply to the Malware Removal Program and get the required training needed to perform malware removal.

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

You can apply to the Malware Removal Program and get the required training needed to perform malware removal.

That looks like pretty much what I was looking for. Now I just have to wait for a slot to open up.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,756 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Check your inbox.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif