Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Assistance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 semplice

semplice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My emachines t6412 is now having a problem. Its on off botton is flashing but wont turn on (boot up). Last night i was inside the pc lookin at a few wires. ALl i did was bump something and it shut the pc dwn ( almost like i unplugged it while it was running) I hit on again and it booting up.. I then moved a set of wires a lil to see something and it shut off again.. This time it wont allow me to boot up. I tried everything . unplug it , hold down on button for 10 sec. Nothing happens except the blue on off button is flashing.. Evern more weird it still flashes when unplugged. Im guessing it needs to b reset ??? I hope i didnt do anything.. Anyone have a clue what the flashing lights means or how to get it going again. I cant believe barely touching sum wore could have done this PLease help

Does anyone know the solution for the flashing issue on T6412....having the same issue and wondering if it is th epower supply...if so where can one buy as it seems different for the emachine? thanks in advance.

Semp

Edited by hamluis, 05 September 2011 - 01:00 PM.
Split from different topic and moved from XP to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

First, here is the support web page for your computer.

http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1641

What can I do if my computer does not power on?

http://emachines-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4

It sounds to me like you may have had a bad connection, and your messing with the wires corrected this momentarily and caused the system to shut down in the process.

Now this can zap a component on the motherboard causing permanent system failure, but lets hope this is not the case.

What could be happening here is you either have a faulty solder connection on the motherboard, or a bad connector on a power wire.

First thing I would do is examine all the connections with the power off, make sure you ground yourself to the computer's metal case before touching anything inside the computer. Examine for the possibility that a wire is loose in its connector or a socket is loose on the motherboard, hard drive or optical drive.

Power up the computer once you are sure everything is Okay.

Also:

How to perform a power reset:

1.Remove the motherboard battery and unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
2.Press and hold down the power button on the computer down for 30 seconds and then release the button.
3.Plug in the AC adapter again, reinsert the battery, and power on the computer.

Please keep us updated on what you find.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 06 September 2011 - 08:57 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users