Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

I have Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 on my computer. I have a Gmail account with google, but I donít like my username (by username I mean the name that precedes the @ sign). Does anyone know how to change my username in Gmail? Thank you. Murrar

(Moderator edit:added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 05 September 2011 - 08:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

Good morning.

This is from Gmail's Help:

It isn't possible to change your username once you've created an address, but there are some options to change the way your username is displayed.

If you'd like to use a version of your username with fewer or more dots (.), you don't have to change a thing. If your username is 'my.address@gmail.com,' messages sent to 'myaddress@gmail.com' and 'm.y.a.d.d.r.e.s.s@gmail.com' are already delivered to your Inbox.

If you'd like to change the name that's used on your outgoing messages, follow these steps:

Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Gmail settings at the top of any Gmail page, and open the Accounts and Import tab.
In the Send mail as: section, locate the email address you'd like to edit.
Click edit next to the address.
Change the Name field as desired, and click 'Save changes.'

For more drastic username changes, you'll need to sign up for a new address.

Remember, that if you do want to/have to create a new gmail account, you can elect to have that email from your new email account forwarded to your current email account (they one whose username you don't like).

Hope that helps.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users