Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing is printing...but ink isn't appearing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AshleyEmDee

AshleyEmDee

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:03 AM

My printer was re-installed today because it wasn't working for the past months and I finally had time to re-install it.

However, the same problem as before still persists: the printing isn't working.

I have all wires connected and its driver is installed on my computer. When I print something, a paper comes out of the printer, but there's nothing printed, not even an ink blotch. The ink is completely new and there aren't any error messages or anything on my computer, so the printer is properly connected. I'm not sure what's wrong here...

Please help!

My printer is a Canon MultiPASS F50 and my computer is a Dell, Windows XP.

Thanks!

Edited by AshleyEmDee, 05 September 2011 - 03:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bazcaz

Bazcaz

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

Couple of obvious things,have you cleaned the print Nozzles using the canon utilities,also very obvious go to Control panel Printers and make sure the printer is the Default printer .

#3 AshleyEmDee

AshleyEmDee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

Couple of obvious things,have you cleaned the print Nozzles using the canon utilities,also very obvious go to Control panel Printers and make sure the printer is the Default printer .

I'm gonna try cleaning it, and the right printer as been selected as the default. Thanks!

#4 Vaibes

Vaibes

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

I've had this problem and overlooked a small detail. My problem was that my printing was set to selection so when I went to print, nothing was selected, therefore nothing showed up on paper.

#5 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

Do you have refill your Catridge?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#6 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

A few months? Your ink may have dried out entirely. Try the head cleaning Bazcaz recommended, after that I would hazard a guess that the ink is dry.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

Please tell us that you DID take the tape off the cartridges when you installed them!
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users