Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Crashes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kiwipingu

Kiwipingu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:27 AM

Hi
My system is constantly crashing 3-6times a day. When it crashes the cursor still moves and sometimes I can move windows around but then it all shuts down and sometimes briefly shows a blue screen of death. On reboot I sometimes get this message and have to reboot again.
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

It's a brand new box just built last week but no warranty and I would not even know what part to replace if it's hardware related.

I've attached a Hijackthis to the post if it helps but I don't think it's virus related at all. Mod Edit: Removed malware log attachment ~ Hamluis.

I hope someone can help me.

The specs are
Windows 7 64bit professional
Intel I7
ASUS P6T Motherboard
6GB Team XTREEM DDRIII 1.65V ram
120GB OVZ-Vertex3 SSD

Thank you very much

Leith

Edited by hamluis, 05 September 2011 - 08:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#3 Kiwipingu

Kiwipingu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Thanks Allan

I've installed BlueScreenView and I've changed the settings it told me to to record the report. I'll post it as soon as the system crashes again.

Thanks

Leith

#4 Kiwipingu

Kiwipingu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

Hi
Well the BlueScreenView app didn't seem to work for some reason but I set the computer to not shutdown after bluescreening and I took a photo so here it is.

I hope that means something to someone because to me it may as well be in Martian...

Thanks

Leith

Attached File  P1010625.JPG   299.27KB   5 downloads

Edited by Kiwipingu, 06 September 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

Let's start by checking the hd:

To run checkdisk, right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users