Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NYPD and FDNY not invited to 9/11 Anniversary event

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Unbelievable - Link to Snopes story

Looks like FDNY and NYPD will not be invited to the 10th Anniversary Memorial for 9/11. The Clergy were also left out. The few are making a mistake in my opinion.

I am speechless.

rigel
Fire Lieutenant / Commissioner
SC, USA

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

This is an outrage. They say it is for the victims families. Well how many First Responders became victims that day?
Being a fireman myself I consider any Fireman family. Therefore why are they not letting these first responders there. Just political Bs if you ask me.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Space constraints, loads of BS :angry: Just wondering, were you guys there when 9/11 happened rigel and fireman4it?

Edited by killerx525, 05 September 2011 - 01:33 AM.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

I was building a school computer lab. As soon as word came, everything stopped, and we congregated around the TV. I can remember watching those towers fall and feeling completely helpless, and then very angry at those who would be responsible. The next morning the was quiet overhead with no air traffic. I think I bought every newspaper I could find to save for the future.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

I was not there. I live in Illinois. I was at work and when I first heard about it Everyone and everybody I knew was by their TV's and on the phones in disbelief. Wishing I could have been there to help. Our County departments sent a couple of trucks and 8 men to New York a couple days later to help. I was not one of the ones selected as it was a random draw.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

I'm Speechless...to say the least....
I have friends that worked in the twin towers and were there that awful day...
visiting "Hell" doesn't even begin to describe what they went thru...
in the dark, a hand reached out to show the way out,a voice said " Here I am"
another voice "I've Got you!" another voice "You Go , We go" ( I've had the Honor of
knowing a few Firemen, I'll never ever forget the first time Rich saw the movie "Backdraft"
I looked into his eyes as the tears threatened to flow,and he just barely whispered
you go , we go...as i studied his face every emotion he was feelin was clear, rich
and his brother hermie, are both fireman)
rigel and fireman4it, you may not have been their in person, but i know you were there
in spirit with your brother's!!!!
I guess a fireman's heart is like a mother's heart, I would lay down my life for my kids
you all lay down your lives for strangers everyday,from my view point your walkin in
very good company, JESUS said"no greater love is this, that a man would lay down his
own life for another"
you all do it everyday,you don't expect to be thanked,BUT YOU SURE AS I'M SITTIN HERE
DESERVE TO BE THANKED!!!!
My Friends are here today, because your bother's took their Oath to heart...
http://bondsvillefiredepartment.com/theoath.html

Respectfully
MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 JoseyEarp

JoseyEarp

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

I think that is a disgrace to not allow them to attend memorial. :angry: I love and support folks who help others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users