Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exploring the Solar System

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

I just tried this out a little while ago, and it's so cool, I just wanted to share it. It does require installing the Unity Web Player.

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-app-lets-control-space-time-3d-video-173001279.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for sharing that information, that is a cool program.

You did not include a link to the Eyes website so I am providing it here: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/eyes/

Have you also tried Microsoft's World Wide Telescope?

It is presently in BETA, it is a down-loadable application that allows you to explore the universe, it also allows you to download tours that were pre-written by organizations such as PBS and Universities across the world.

Check it out at this link, the program is free, at least while it is in BETA it is, not sure if it will be when it's out of BETA.

http://www.worldwidetelescope.org/Home.aspx

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 05 September 2011 - 07:26 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Keith1

Keith1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for adding the link Bruce. I even had a tab open to c/p the link, but I managed to forget it. I'll surely take a look at the telescope link, the Wife and Ilove that kind of stuff!!!

Keith

#4 heavydude

heavydude

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

I'm boycotting science for demoting Pluto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users