We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Do you still need help?
If so, continue to follow these instructions:
My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.
Some things to remember while we are working together.
- Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
- Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.
- Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
- Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
- Do not run anything while running a fix.
- If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.
Click on the Watch Topic
button and select Immediate Notification
and click on proceed
, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.
Please download MiniToolBox
and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List last 10 Event Viewer Log Errors
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
. Please put code boxes around just this entire log
, like this, but without the letter x: [xcode] the entire MiniToolBox log [/xcode]
Let's try rebooting into Safe Mode
This can be done tapping the F8 key as soon as you start your computer
You will be brought to a menu with several options. Press the down arrow key on your keyboard until Safe Mode with Networking
is selected. Press Enter. Please see here
for additional details.
Once in Safe Mode with Networking, download rkill from one of the following downloads (if you are unable to download or run rkill from one download, move to the next one.)
Please be patient while Rkill looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If it appears like Rkill did not stop the malware from running, please try running RKill again until the malware is no longer running. Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again!
Still in Safe Mode with Networking, Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Download & Run UnhideUnhide.exe
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives. If there are any files that were purposely hidden by you, you will need to hide them again after this tool is run.
In your next reply, please include:
- MiniToolBox log
- Rkill log
- Malwarebytes log
- How's your computer running now? Please provide a detailed description of any remaining problems, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, and/or screenshots of strange behavior.