Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Site with small BB

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:12 PM

A new community center in my area wishes to have a Web Site wherby persons can get on and order lunch for the next day at the Comm Center. My question I can make up the web page OK- but what would I need for these (hungry people ) to be able to sign up for the next day lunch. All of this keeping in mind that they don't wish to pay for it and if they did-- very little $. Is there a small BB program that I could get and link it to the site--Thanks, I realize they could E-Mail-that would get complex I think. :flowers: :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:54 PM

Hi EdBee,

For personal security purposes, they are safer using e-mail, unless you have a password controlled BB that precludes the web crawlers, etc.

Posting on a board opens up all manner of security threats for the participants. At the least people should only reply via a secure e-mail link.

regards,
~Koan

(Oh Yeah, been there, done that, and it's not safe!)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 EdBee

EdBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:25 AM

Thanks Koan--

How about, if the participants had a pre selected code word or number they just entered in on a list on the page. And then make the listing not available to anyone but the owner of the page? How would this work? Possible? thanks for your input.
I would want the web page open to all-but the part where they could sign up under control. :flowers: :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#4 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:42 PM

Well, you could run it off a database. Person signs in, PHP page calles to the database for member information and also dispalys today's menu. Text input box in available for them to enter their selections or you could put radio buttons next to the menu items.

They make their selections and then hit submit and the data is stored to the database.

When the admin logs in, The PHP page shows all of today's menu selections that have been stored in the database. That should be fairly secure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users