Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kccharger816

Kccharger816

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

I have a question regarding a old laptop today I have. Its a toshiba a135 series. The hard drive went out on it. I found a replacement that I would love to through in. my question is, is there anything from the old hard drive that would cause the laptop not to boot up after replacing the hard drive? I'm not worried about the OS cause I have been running linux on it for awhile. Is it as simple as swapping hard drives and reinstalling linux? Or is it more to it? When it comes to hardware replacement im a damn noob lol. Thanks for any advice/pointers.

Edited by Kccharger816, 03 September 2011 - 03:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Yes, it's that simple. Replace the drive and install the OS.

#3 Kccharger816

Kccharger816
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Thank you

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor