This might be the result of malware (worm, virus, trojan, ...) First clean up the temporary files bij running windows disk cleanup
* Go to Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup
* Choose your Windows-drive (usually C:\) (the scanning by disk cleanup can take a few minutes, don't think it hangs or something )
* Check the boxes in the list and delete the files (be sure there isn't anything in your recycle bin that you didn't want to delete after all..)
* Click yes/okThen run a virusscan:
Do you have an anti-virus program (NOD32, Norton, ...)?
* then scan with it, preferably in safe mode (first update the virusdefinitions, in normal mode)
How to boot in safe mode, xp (use the F8 method)http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#winxo
Also run an online scan (see next)
If you do not have any anti virus software
* run at least one online virusscan, f.e.:panda online scantrendmicro
* and/or install one and scan with it, f.e
Does this show/ clean up an infection / solve the problem ?