Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

for keith1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

keith you might want to give xfce a whirl. you can install from spm and you have the option to log into xfce or whatever. wont mess your system up. i know you dont like gnome3 and the classic desktop will be gone when 11.10 goes final. setup is a lot like classic and you wont lose any apps you have installed. i added avant as a bottom dock and let it autostart.also it works great in 11.10. gnome3 and unity are still dont working correctly in 11.10b1. and the great thing about it is that you can install in 11.04/cheesemaker

Edited by rburkartjo, 03 September 2011 - 09:14 AM.

quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Yep, I know I need to start exploring the other options soon....... thanks for the info.

Edited by Keith1, 03 September 2011 - 03:45 PM.

#3 rburkartjo

rburkartjo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

let me know if you have any questions. took me just a little bit to configure to my taste/cheesemaker
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users