Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Office Automatically Unistalled?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:49 PM

Hey,
I was doing some work on MS Word and saved that closed it and went on with Surfing on Mozilla Firefox it froze so I turned off the computer normally and about hour an later turned the computer on and MS Office is Unistalled! When I click on MS Word it takes me to this FrontPage CD Installation Setup Windows and this is a pre-owned Computer didn't get any CDS!! So any help would be greatly apprecitated. And also ERUNT and NT Registry Optimizer which I haven't used in ages work but the ERDNT's Restore says some Symantec file was not there and fails:

Posted Image

And system restore didn't do anything and MS Wors worked perfectly this morning.
Thanks

PS: Have Windows Up-to-date and really need MS Word back in the middle of some important work. And even MSN Messenger went through the Installation Bar Screen like in Windows 2000 :thumbsup:

Edited by Professional, 19 January 2006 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:27 AM

Is there a hidden partition with restore information on this system? If so, it's probably your best bet. Fixing Office will require the installation files

Or, you could try this free, open source office suite ( http://www.openoffice.org/ ) which will read Microsoft Office documents and will let you work on them in OpenOffice.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

Thanks Usasma, I just figured that if I go to the MS Office Folder: C:/Program Files/ MS OFfice/WINWORD after about three installation windows MS Word comes up so it is not fully uninstalled.....I dont think so.

PS: Did OpenOffice make BitTorrent?

Edited by Professional, 20 January 2006 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

OK, so it's not uninstalled - then you should be able to run the "Repair" function in the Help menu of any Office program. You can also just create shortcuts to the executables if you'd like.

While I'm not 100% sure - I don't believe that OpenOffice made Bit Torrent. It appears that Open Office is done by an open organization - whereas Bit Torrent is run by a company in San Francisco.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

PS: Did OpenOffice make BitTorrent?

While I am not usasma. If I may I'd like to add a reply to your very good question I've quoted.

In a word No. What may have been confusing is these terms "Download OpenOffice.org using P2P Technology

To download OpenOffice.org using our BitTorrent servers, simply select your download using these three simple steps."

They are two entirely different organizations as you can see from the links provided.
The Official BitTorrent Homepage

OpenOffice.org

Be (P2P) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

Thanks Usasma and Animal but now after repairing the MS Office by going to Help->Detect and Repair nothing happens still asks for the CD and even through the actual exe file after about asking for the CDthree times to works so should I uninstall MS Office and gret OpenOffice or is there a better solution as I still have the actual files I just need to remove that start-up loading CD Windows it's like Windows 2000! And for my horror I had lost ALL my .txt files!!!!! When I go to My Documents and look there all my text files are missing!!
Suggestions?
Posted Image

#7 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

Okay just got to know that Google Earth also doesn't work. So im going to run a defrag on both HDDs.
Posted Image

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

Before you do anything else use Windows Explorer to examine your documents folder and also look at program files (while signed on as Administrator) and see if Word is there.

Is your documents folder there and what's in it?

Are your Word docs there?

Edited by Enthusiast, 22 January 2006 - 08:46 PM.

#9 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:09 PM

Hi Enthusiast,
I still can t see the text documents via Windows Explorer and When I got to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 I can see the WinWord EXE File if I click on that it takes me to three FrontPage Installation Screens and after cancelling them all Wod comes up and works normally. (I cant save any of my work though)
Posted Image

#10 TEEDUB2

TEEDUB2

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

Hi Professional,

I just had a similar problem with Office....I couldn't access any Office programs. Kept
telling me they needed to be installed......I all but uninstalled Office ...... On about my fourth run
of all my anti-everything in SAFE MODE, CW Shredder found "CWS.Msconfig" and removed it ....
Everything came back.... You might try that its worth a shot,,,, Remember to run it 3 or 4 times

Hope it helps

#11 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:02 AM

After running CW Shredder as above I suggest you download Hijack This and post a HJT log following the instructions on the links:

Please read the pinned post in our “HijackThis” forum, here
Carefully read and follow all directions explicitly.

Following instructions, run a HJT log and post it in our HJT forum, at this link.

Do not as yet attempt to fix anything by yourself using Hijack This.

A member of our HJT Team will analyze your log, make recommendations and offer assistance.

It may take a short period of time to get a response to the log you posted because the members of our HJT Team are kept very busy.
Please be patient as this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make any additional posts in the HJT thread in which you posted your log until you get a response from a member of our HJT expert team.

The first criteria they have when looking for logs that need replies are posts showing 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show as having 1 reply.

A team member, looking to see if a reply has been made might well assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and might not open the thread to respond.

So, make your post and wait for a response from a team member.

#12 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

Thanks Guys Downloading CWS Right now and will post a HJT Log ASAP.
Posted Image

#13 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Okay I ran CWS 4-5 times didn't find anything ran SpyBotS&D, Ad-Aware SE and eWido they found nothing posting a HJT Log right now.
Posted Image

#14 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

Your documents will not be within the Word program but usually something like C/documents and settings/"your user name"/My Documents

Use the search function - start/search/for files or folders

and search for *.doc

See what it finds and in what folders it finds them.

Edited by Enthusiast, 23 January 2006 - 10:51 PM.

#15 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:28 AM

Thanks, C/documents and settings/"your user name"/My Documents approch failed but after searching via Search I found my saved Documents but not the .txt files or Notepad files it just removed the txt files. Quite Odd. Maybe just maybe somehow the settings changed and told XP to not show the Text Files on Windows Explorer or My Computer? Is that possible?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users