Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Requesting suggestions on AV & Firewall software?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

Good evening,

Recently, an acquaintance suggested I try using Agnitum's Outpost Free software. Presently I use Avast! AV (free), and PC Tools Firewall Plus (free) [as well as MBAM Pro]. Thus far, the combination seems to run quite well.

The question I was going to pose was to be as follows:: Would it be more advantageous to just utilize the Agnitum Outpost AV Free (since it is both an AV and also has a firewall), rather than having to use Avast! AV + a separate firewall (PC Tools)?

However, despite a significant number of "views" of this post...it appears there isn't much interest in responding to it. Since I am unable to delete the post, I will just withdraw it from any further consideration by the forum here.

Thank you to those who took the time to at least view the post.

Edited by spc3rd, 02 September 2011 - 09:22 PM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

You ask a common question for which you will receive varying opinions and recommendations. Please see Choosing an Anti-Virus Program.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users