Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Android App in raw concept form

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LegionnaireZ

LegionnaireZ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hi,

New to the BC Forums, i searched the topic before posting, mostly i found people asking a question in their programming, or looking for a program like basic4android.

Just for the record, i have no programming experience at all. I went though and looked at several developer platforms, and read through some documentation that is suppose to help explain it. But without actually working with whichever program it's a bit like trying to read a foreign language.

Anyway, my current situation is i can dream up ideas left and right, but have no means to implement them. First is the android app.

We've all seen Barcode scanners, and yeah, they take pictures of barcodes, look up the UPC code in google and return whatever result they find... yipitty doo-da. My idea takes this all a step further.

But i desperately need any and all advise to getting started or someone to program it for me.

I've looked at the basic4android software, and will probably purchase it, since i like the GUI more so than others i have looked at. So far, if i remember correctly, i've had MotoDev, and i think i had eclipse (if its free yes, if not, then no)

Thank you all for your help, with all sorts of things (i've been lurking for about a year now)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

What questions specifically do you have? "I desperately need any and all advise to getting started" is a bit like asking "how do I get started building house/restaurant/skyscraper", which of course the answer is "it depends".

#3 LegionnaireZ

LegionnaireZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

actually, i hadn't thought much about it when i posted that. I'd been up for too long... i'm still planning the UI. Feel free to delete.

Thank you for taking the time to comment though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users