Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old fart needing help! PC cutting out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 27Spike27

27Spike27

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi,

I've just bought a component bundle (AMD Athlon 64 X2 7550 Bundle including AMD Athlon 64 X2 7550 AMD Processor, Asrock AM2+ N68C-S UCC mATX Motherboard and Heatsink and Fan), I'm using a G7 Power extreme 680W PSU but the power just keeps cutting out. I can't even get it to stay on past the first few installation screens when trying to instal Windows XP pro. I've checked all the conncetions and re sited the fan on the processor with no luck. Would anyone be able to give me any suggestions. I'm a bit of an old fart but have built a few pcs from scratch but never had any problems like this. Cheers in advance :hysterical: :hysterical:

Edited by hamluis, 02 September 2011 - 04:52 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 27Spike27

27Spike27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Please help if yopu have any suggestions, my kids are bursting my head :hysterical: :lmao:

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

Could you tell about your Computer Specs on your next post?
And does your Computer restarted or Hangs/Freeze or shutdown?
When you tried instaling Windows and the problem happens. Could you check does it happens on same time or not not?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,580 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

Take it apart...start from scratch. Connect the PSU and motherboard properly...install 1 RAM module. Speaking of RAM, why is there no mention of it? What RAM is installed?

Take a look at some of the comments/topics at http://www.google.com/search?q=+G7+Power+extreme+680W+&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_en#sclient=psy&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us%3AIE-ContextMenu&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&source=hp&q=G7+Power+extreme+680W+PSU+shuts+off&pbx=1&oq=G7+Power+extreme+680W+PSU+shuts+off&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=22828l31063l0l32203l14l13l0l0l0l0l781l4499l2-4.4.3.0.1l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=7d86af9665111856&biw=1440&bih=699 .

There may be something to those negative comments about the PSU.

The one thing I would double-check...is that you have the main PSU leads to the motherboard...properly connected.

Did you follow the directions provided...for installing the heatsink/fan on the CPU?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users