Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would this improve my internet performance?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sandaz93

sandaz93

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/767141-REG/ASUS_RT_N56U_Dual_Band_Wirless_N_Gigabit.html

I have ATT DSL. According to speedtest, my download speed is 2.58 Mbps and my upload speed is .43 mbps. Ping is 17

P.S. I game on my Ps3/360

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whoabuddy

whoabuddy

Bleepin' Verbose

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,053 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

Speedtest is reporting the speed of your overall connection through ATT DSL, so the new router may make a minimal difference but ultimately this test should reflect what you're paying for. What are the advertised speeds on your plan with ATT?

Also, according to Playstation's specifications, the PS3 only supports wireless b/g anyway. What router do you currently have? Do you have any other devices that support wireless n?
Meditate. Elevate. Appreciate. | "Life is a journey, love is the destination, happiness is the path!"
If I am helping you and have not responded within 48 hours, please send me a PM.
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici (VVVVV)
Excellent Security Advice
Proud member of UNITE

#3 sandaz93

sandaz93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

I think the lady said 3mbps. I am currently using the router that came with the internet service: 2wire.

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

I doubt it'll make any performance improvements that you can actually notice.

PS3 and XB360 only takes about 1mbps down and around 128kbps (.1mbps) up to play. Your ping is also fine.

What problems are you actually experiencing?

Edited by NpaMA, 02 September 2011 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users