Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows did not start successfully

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ynn3j

ynn3j

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hello everyone...need help again, this time with my desktop. My problem started when my 11 year old sister used my computer. I dont what what she did but its was ok when i used my desktop 7am before i went to work..bt when i arrived home at night the msg below appeared when i open my desktop.

Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software changed have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shutdown to protect yout files & folders, Choose Last Known Configuration to revert the most recent settings that worked.

Or if your arent sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe MOde with Networking
Safe Mode With command prompt

Last known Good COnfiguration

Start Windows Normally

So...i enter Start Windows Normally...bt it just brought me back to the same thing...so i choose Last Known Good Configuration...when windows started...it went to the same thing again....well i ddnt know what to do..i also tried Safe Mode..same thing....i ddnt want to lost all my files save in C....bt its getting me irritated already i was mad at my sister coz ddnt know what she did.

So i get my windows cd & last option is to reformat my desktop...im using my laptop now bt my desktop is already important to me...when im home i do work on my desktop. Anyway...so i inserted my windows xp cd...& restarted my computer...& said Press Any Key to Boot from CD..so i did then it continue...bt it stop then said File Sys corrupted. I couldnt remember the exact msg bt its File Sys corrupted Setup will exit.

So i borrowed another windows xp maybe the cd is busted already..bt the computer wont boot from cd again....it ddnt ask me anymore for Press Any Key to Boot from CD....when i inserted the xp cd then restart the computer, it goes to the 1st thing above...that windows did not start successfully & if i leave it then will restart windows bt goes again to the same thing.

I tried 3 xp cd's already bt the computer wont boot anymore...please help me what should i do? Why ddnt the computer boot from cd anymore? Do i really need to reformat my computer to make it work again? if i do how can i recover or backup all documents in C since i cant open windows anymore? those files are very important...if il reformat everything will be erased....

Bt if theres a way i can fix this without reformating my computer, How do i that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ynn3j

ynn3j
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

Oh i forgot...i cant reformat coz it wont boot from cd.... please help me....

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

System manufacturer and model?

<<So i get my windows cd & last option is to reformat my desktop...im using my laptop now bt my desktop is already important to me...when im home i do work on my desktop. Anyway...so i inserted my windows xp cd...& restarted my computer...& said Press Any Key to Boot from CD..so i did then it continue...bt it stop then said File Sys corrupted. I couldnt remember the exact msg bt its File Sys corrupted Setup will exit.

So i borrowed another windows xp maybe the cd is busted already..bt the computer wont boot from cd again....it ddnt ask me anymore for Press Any Key to Boot from CD....when i inserted the xp cd then restart the computer, it goes to the 1st thing above...that windows did not start successfully & if i leave it then will restart windows bt goes again to the same thing.>>

A CD provided by an OEM (HP, Lenovo, etc.) will not necessarily work on a different system. You need to let us know exactly what the origin of these various CDs might be...and whether the license you have matches up with such.

Louis

#4 ynn3j

ynn3j
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

its a desktop...where do i check the manufacturer & model? its an old computer...if ul says its in the case, i already replace the old case...& i already replace the old monitor as well... do i need to remove the case & open the computer then check the that inside?...the xp cd my officemate burn it for me & give me a copy.

Edited by ynn3j, 02 September 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#5 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

So i get my windows cd & last option is to reformat my desktop...im using my laptop now bt my desktop is already important to me...when im home i do work on my desktop. Anyway...so i inserted my windows xp cd...& restarted my computer...& said Press Any Key to Boot from CD..so i did then it continue...bt it stop then said File Sys corrupted. I couldnt remember the exact msg bt its File Sys corrupted Setup will exit.

This usually because your CD have some scracth or your drive couldn't read your CD.
Do some cleaning on your CD and your Drive.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users