Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Tell If Dvd Burners Are + Or - ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carly

Carly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

I have just bought some + disks to burn DVD's and am not sure if they are compatible with my DVD burner. Is there some way u can find out what ur burner is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

Google your drive and se what the spec are. If you got them on a steal of a deaal go with it, but if not take them back. The + format is on the way out. The - standard will be the future. Most drive will play either thought.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:21 AM

The only real determing factror for DVD madia is the burn speed, most medis will come in x4 x8 or x16, as acklan has suggested, you can find out the burn speed of your disk drive by googling it.

Here is a link that will take you to a site where they explain the different types of media in terms that even a novice will understand.

http://www.supermediastore.com/dvdmediafaq.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users