Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless auto connect vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 getting2me

getting2me

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

I have a customer that wants me to set up his wireless to where it will auto connect to any wireless signal in range without any user interaction whatsoever. I know that once you have the credentials set up and you have signed into that connection previously then the next time you're in range it will try and reconnect. But I've never seen a wireless setup that will auto connect to anything in range without any kind of user interaction. He says he has 2 other laptops that do it. I've been searching the web for a couple of days and haven't seen squat about this. What he may have in his other 2 laptops is that maybe he had signed into the networks before and the relationship is already established and maybe he doesn't realize that. Any ideas on this would be appreciated....thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

I...would take a look at one of these two systems that allegedly have this capability...and test the assertion.

If true, I then know what settings, etc. to implement. If untrue...well, minimum time wasted.

Louis

#3 getting2me

getting2me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

that was my thinking as well, I know of no way to do it and I think he may have signed into these networks previously and is just too stupid to remember....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users