Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Am I infected usually this crowded, or is everyone infected with the same thing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

The theme of the day for Am I Infected seems to be "Google Redirect".
Sure, yea it does piss me off, I have that problem too, but really. Instead of EVERYBODY posting about it, why don't we all watch ONE post and wait for a solution?
Me, on the other hand, I can't even start my Anti Virus program, and these guys are worried about google redirecting? Geez, use Yahoo til we all figure it out. /End Rant.

I'm not here to have a problem solved, I'm just bored, with ZILCH to do, other than WAIT for a solution to my MSE not working (Again, not asking for help here :3 )
and I don't want to reply to too many peoples issues and get reprimanded. Not complaining (Well...Depends on what you consider complaining) just, need to make some conversation.

On a desperate note: SOMEBODY PLEASE TALK TOO MMEEEE </3

Anyone feel like talking about this whole google redirect issue? or the fact that everyones posting about the same thing and flooding the AII section preventing us people with real (Depends what you consider real) problems like our AV's not working (Again, not asking for help, just conversation :3 )

Edited by Jayson201, 01 September 2011 - 07:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zordon

zordon

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

It amazes me how simple you guys are getting infected. Most of my clients say they get infected by clicking on links from facebook messages or emails. Doing a quick Google Search and clicking on a shady website could also get you.

If you are getting Google Redirects, you probably just have a rootkit that can be cleaned with TDSSKiller. If you're lucky and got a bada** Zero Access rootkit, you'll either have to run ComboFix or reformat. You may also want to check your host file, proxy settings, and DNS settings.

Once you cleaned up your computer, I recommend keeping all your browser plugins (Adobe Flash and Reader, Java, etc.) up-to-date. A good way to check is using Firefox Plugin Check (works for all broswers)

Good luck getting help ;)

Edited by zordon, 01 September 2011 - 08:54 PM.

#3 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

If that works, that will be wonderful news :3
I'm not really worried about it cuz I found a way around it, I click on the cache button to see googles cached version of the website i wish to see. Crafty, right? XD

BTW, Firefox went and UPDATED ITSELF without WARNING ME and all my tabs were gone when i restarted firefox, along with all my saved passwords, all my bookmarks, everything browser related -.- still getting redirected though. LOL
This sucks.
Comeon, we need somebody with a smart mouth to join in, mines not "smart" enough cuz I'm talking through my fingers :3

Edited by Jayson201, 01 September 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hello, we do not allow ComboFix to be run in this forum,nor do we recommend any one running it on their own.
From the blue Text above this forum, HI! Please do not use this General Chat forum for computer support questions. If you are looking for support, please post your question in the appropriate forum. For HijackThis logs please post your log here:

I will move this to the Am I Infected forum from Chat.

Edited by boopme, 01 September 2011 - 09:45 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

In his defense and mine, we were only talking, I wasn't asking for help and he was only explaining a possible issue. We weren't trying to solve any issues, just talk about them. >.>

No disrespect whatsoever, but I'd be more happy if you'd go help somebody else, I don't need it. :D Thanks anyway, it's much appreciated.

Edit: There are so many other people who need it, and Im just here for the ride, they need it more than me ;D Thanks again though Boopme, you're probably the greatest :3

Edited by Jayson201, 01 September 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

OK, sorry, it appeared ti be an issue as it does many times here in chat, so I just Modereated.. A habit of mine.

So I moved it back. Edited out the instructional part of my post. I'll leave the rest.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

It's alright Boopme, we can all understand where you're coming from :D
No apologies needed, it's awesome enough that we all know you care :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users