Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to upgrade Vista to Windows 7, but not sure which to buy?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geminis076

geminis076

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hope this is ok to post here since it's the Windows Vista section.

I have a new computer that I bought in 2009 and never set up, still boxed up - long story. Ready to use it but now that Windows 7 is out I'd rather use that than Vista. And I doubt Dell would offer me a free upgrade or discount.

Browsing Best Buy but there are so many Windows 7 options that I'm a little confused and not sure which is right for my computer - I want to upgrade Vista to a basic Windows 7, nothing fancy or special.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Operating-Systems/Microsoft-Windows/abcat0508002.c?id=abcat0508002

My computer is a Dell desktop with Vista, whatever the standard basic version was at the time, I don't know about the 32-bit or 64-bit info, I had ordered whatever ever was basic and less expensive so let's assume it's 32-bit. I primarily use my computer for the internet, I don't game, don't download movies or massive amounts of music, don't watch movies or tv shows on my computer, just basic internet surfing.

Thanks for any info!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users