Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Issue - USB Headsets and Monitor Speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GrymReaper

GrymReaper

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

This forum has been fantastic for helping me with a virus issue, so hopefully, you all can help with an audio issue. I think I put this in the correct forum, if not please move.

I recently updated my nVidia graphics drivers, but somehow it messed up my audio as well. I have heard that this can happen for some strange reason. Before this issue, I had my audio coming through my 2 logitech desktop speakers and sub perfectly. Also, when I would plug in a USB Headset and Microphone the USB Port would stop any future audio going to my speakers, and instead, put them into the headset. I would typically be playing a game having the sound coming out of the speakers, but if I wanted to listen to a little tunes, I could plug in the headset and listen to some music but still have game sounds on the speakers. Now basically what the issue is, when I plug the headset into the front USB jack, I hear myself breathing (never did that before). In addition, the audio does not go to the headset on 1 of the 2 jacks. Also, now when I use the application Ventrilo, it will not recognize my headset.

It may help to provide what I have as far as hardware:

WinXP Home 32 bit
Intel Quad Core Q9300
ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo Mobo
Antec 900 Case (two USB in front)
EVGA GeForce GTX460

Not sure if there is anything else that would need to be provided. Also, I checked the device manager, and there are multiple instances of: nVidia HD Audio, so I am not too sure what that is all about. In fact, I am not sure what audio driver I should be having for that motherboard. FYI its an on-board sound system, I do not really need 5.1 or 7.1 etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

Drivers at http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P5Q%20PRO%20TURBO&p=1&s=22&os=17&hashedid=c19zNYHCAXhCqBPq .

I would install the 1st chipset driver package...and the second audio driver package...after uninstalling all items currently reflected in your Device Manager for audio controllers.

Louis

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

^ In addition to that, please head over to the Windows Control Panel, open up the Sounds & Audio Devices utility and configure the Audio Playback and Recording devices to the corresponding chipsets that are installed.

Given that you have the audio facility from both your video card and your motherboard, you may just need to select the right hardware in the system settings.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 01 September 2011 - 09:44 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 GrymReaper

GrymReaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

I tried the above....now I have totally lost all of my sound, and when I try to install the Audio driver, it says, "We cannot find HD Audio Device"

Also the BIOS is set for Onboard Audio Enabled.

Edited by GrymReaper, 05 September 2011 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users