Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello And Thx For Smitrem.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cwrb

cwrb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

Hi folks.
Looks like a worthwhile forum where semi-techies can discover solutions.
I have a few friends who had the spyaxe problem and the solution here worked very well.
I support a few people who are not computer literate and it is becoming increasingly obvious there is a need for a few more of us semi-techies (know enough to fix standard problems and to know where to go for expert help).
I had my first hard-drive failure (on my Centrino laptop) earlier this week and was able to re-install everything in 24 hours. I did discover hard-drives can be poor or quite good. The Toshiba drive (80GB and 4200rpm) for my Centrino laptop was only 12 month warranty. The replacement (80GB and 5400rpm) cost $190 CDN (including taxes) and has a 3 year warranty. It is not Toshiba!
One thing I have not been able to do is completely network my XP Home desktop with my XP Prof laptop thru my SMC2804WBRP-G router. After my OS re-install on my laptop, I can now see the desktop shared files on my laptop but not the d-drive or c-drive.
Since i re-nstalled XP Prof on my laptop, I can now printer share my Lexmark x1165 all-in-one printer via my router from the desktop.

BTW, if you are thinking about Cable vs ADSL, it is a no-brainer with Rogers here in Ontario. I am getting over 600 download speeds (Rogers Extreme Cable) vs the 200 I was getting with ADSL at the same monthly cost.

My biggest concerns are spyware now. Most of my computer challenged friends don't understand what is required and I am trying to install free tools that are automated and it is working quite well. There really is no need to buy software with the excellent anti-virus, anti-spyware and registry cleaners available. I have been using them for some time without any problems or infections.
If you would like to know the best of these, drop me an e-mail.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

Welcome to BC!
User knowledge is the best first defence against spyware, and all the great applications is the second.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! cwrb.
Glad to have you aboard.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers: