Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No preview available"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike178

Mike178

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have run into a large problem of almost all of my family photos giving me the error "No preview available" when trying to open them. The thumbnails also went to a standard jpeg pic and not the preview.

This is on about 400 out of 1000 pictures, and it randomly happened in the last few days with me doing nothing on the system in that time.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

Try viewing them in IrfanView. http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm (don't use Download.com as they now force some kind of download manager on you)

If they are corrupt, restore them from your backup.

You might also want to run a chkdsk /r. Start > Run > chkdsk /r > OK or enter > Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) > press Y > reboot

Edited by .X., 01 September 2011 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users