Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Spyware, redirects ad-aware site to ave 99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 intertense

intertense

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

Spyware that has so far not identified itself. This is a used computer that I've owned for several months and has run fine until yesterday so I assume it's my fault, but I don't know the history of the computer. I installed MalwareBytes, and it scanned and removed some objects, but would only work in safe mode. When I rebooted, MalwareBytes would alert me to malicious internet access and then my computer would hard reset. I had to restore to a previous restore point before installing MalwareBytes and now my computer will occasionally hard reboot for no reason. If I attempt to go to the lavasoft site I am redirected to different sites, ave 99, validclick.net, the-consumer-reporter.org. And several others. The spyware has not identified itself in any way. I know you're very busy, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 intertense

intertense
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

Solved my own problem. Thanks for the site though. Many people stuck like myself are extremely grateful to have a place to turn for help!

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users