Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Money Program And Website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grandpaw7

grandpaw7

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

I have this program on my computer and have a log in name and password. I have been using the website for a few years in connection with my investments. I haven't been using the banking feature which enables a person to track his banking account in Money, and keep a record in Money of his bank statements. I have just started to try to use the Money feature, but when I open the banking feature I keep getting this "Web Site Certified by an Unknown Authority" alerts. I can't imagine that MS would say that about one of its own websites. And when I clieck on accepting the certificate permanently, the alert keeps coming back, and back, and etc. so as to interfere with my trying to use the website. Does anyone have a suggestion about how I can keep the alert from coming up? grandpaw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:55 AM

Hi grandpaw7

You see a Security Alert message that says, "Do you want to proceed?"

If you just click "Yes" here, it will let you use your email for just this session, but it will ask you all over again next time you start explorer.

Click "View Certificate" to see it. Now you see a button labeled "Install Certificate". Press this button to install it into your copy of Internet Explorer.

Now you're in the Certificate Import Wizard. Yay.

Just click Next a couple of times and you'll see Yet Another Alert called "Root Certificate Store". Click "Yes" to ADD the cert to your "store". It should say "The import was successful."

David :thumbsup:

#3 grandpaw7

grandpaw7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:14 PM

To D-Trojanator, sorry to fail to respond. I hate failing to respend to someone who is helping me out. I'd like to blame old aga, but I'm afraid I did that sort of thing before old age came to visit. Anyhow, I can't recall exactly what all I tried, but whatever it was it didn't work. So I installed Works 8.0 and things are working fine now. Thanks for caring. grandpaw7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users