Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IPOD is not recognized by windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 urukai

urukai

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

Dear All,

I have a 4-year old Ipod Touch that recently had some problems while syncing to Itunes.
The Ipod screen is frozen with the "Connect to iTunes" icon. I can turn it off (black screen) but as soon as it is attached to the PC or docked, the same icon reappears. I cannot make the red slider appear to shut it down and I cannot have him recognized by itunes.

On the PC side, as soon as I attach the iPod, it wants to install the driver for "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)". I have attempted to point it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers find the driver, but what it wants is not there.
I have completely uninstalled iTunes, Quicktime and related files; and reinstalled iTunes. I have tried every trick I can find in this forum and others to no avail.
When the iPod is connected to the PC, the device manager shows Other Devices - Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode) with a yellow question mark and exclamation point. The Apple Mobile Device USB Driver shows under Universal Serial Bus Controllers and is working properly. I have deactivated them and reactivated, uninstalled and installed to no avail.

I followed a troubleshooting from Apple and managed to connect it to a different computer with updated drivers and Itunes installed. It did not ask me to install any drivers and itunes recognized the device and asked me if I wanted to restore it. Well I could, the problem is that I have a lot of data in the IPOD that I do not have anywhere else and I really would like to get it back. In this new computer the windows explorer doesn't show any IPOD icon so I suspect that the windows is still not recognizing the device as a hard drive and therefore I cannot acess the data.

Could you please help in any way to get back my data (even if it is unorganized and with the tags incorrect)?
Then I could restore the IPOD and migrate the data back to it and so that it could reorganize it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

Unfortunantly there isnt any way to grab your data off the ipod, iTunes keeps a backup when you sync the ipod. I would suggest that you restore it and then sync with iTunes.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users