Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

different versions of flash player in each IE, FFx

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:03 AM

I have been taking regular updates for adobe flash player, and I have the add-on for flash player for Firefox v. 6.0, but it seems to be out of date according to ... the adobe flash website. This I do not understand. The add-on manager for Internet Explorer v. 9 shows no such information but when looking at the right click menu on a youtube video in Internet Explorer, the version of flash is shown as 10.3.183.7, which is the current up-to-date version.

When I check the add-ons menu in Firefox v. 6.0, I find an entry for Flash Player showing version 10.3.183.5, which is not the latest version. I'm not sure why this is or exactly what I should be able to do to make Firefox use the correct latest version already installed on my computer.

I still can play the videos and they work the same both in Firefox and in Internet Explorer.

system is Windows XP, s.p. 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

I don't see why this is a problem if it's working. The Firefox version of Flash doesn't go through the Adobe website but through Firefox Add-ons. I don't use Firefox but I assume you can check for Add-on updates.

#3 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

cafejose

You can download the latest installers below:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other Windows browsers)

Edited by RedDawn, 31 August 2011 - 09:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users