Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server 2003 R2 explorer not loading

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wc49358

wc49358

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

So the server was acting kind of funny. The Server would seem to have program malfunction from time to time. The taskbar wouldn't work you would have to end explorer.exe and run it again. This worked from time to time.

The server was then restarted and now the explorer won't load. It is just a background with a mouse. Ctrl+Alt+Delete works to bring up the task manager, but trying to run "explorer.exe" does not work. Trying to run any .msc extension (ex. services.msc) has an access denied. There services are running (thank goodness) for the business to operated, but I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm not even sure where to start. There was a virus check just before the computer was restarted and it came up clean (Trend Micro antivirus and Malwarebytes was run just as a 2nd run).

I'm really not sure what to do next as to restore this machine to functional state. Not sure if I can do a hijack this log through the run command. I will try it tomorrow when I get back in. Thanks for any help and ideas.

System info:
Windows Server 2003 R2
Service Pack 2

Intel Xeon E5345 @ 2.33Ghz
4gb ram

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

Can you see if this issue occurs in Windows Safe Mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users