Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Learnsmart systems corporate training

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blart576

Blart576

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hey all - I'm a network admin at a somewhat large company (we at least have a large IT department at my company). My boss just recently instructed me that we were behind on a bunch of our corporate training, leadership type stuff that he wants to add to our department to enhance it and help us retain employees. I came across a few training solutions out there, one of which was called LearnSmart. The website looks pretty basic but I have had a colleague of mine that I trust in IT recommend them to me. Has anyone heard of these guys? It seems like after talking to them on the phone that they have a really robust offering but, never having used their training, I guess I'm just looking for anyone who has had any experience with the learnsmart training materials. We are looking at the soft skills and it IT certification training packages through the learnsmart LMS. My colleague said that his department was finished with their training in only a few weeks, which sounds really appealing to me and would help me out in the boss' eyes to get it done that quickly. As the department head, I have very limited time getting to things like this, so I look for forums and platforms like this to get help.

I have about 17 guys in my IT department, so not huge, but enough to where buying them all individual books about how to get their CCNA and how to learn leadership skills would be a huge pain in the you know where. Looking for a good bulk training solution, probably gonna go with learsmart, but looking for anyone's two cents as well.

Thanks everyone in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ETuttle

ETuttle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Are you still looking for Enterprise IT Training?

#3 Blart576

Blart576
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hi ETuttle - I did end up going with LearnSmart and we actually have been pretty happy with their offering. I'm glad I trusted my friend's advice that their experience was good and that I should try it myself as well. But, as always, any info you might have to help out would be great! I am not opposed to using different providers for different areas of training if there are strengths to take advantage of. Any other info from your side that might help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users