Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista is significantly slower than before!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hey,

the problem that i am having with my computer rite now is that every 10-15 sec my computer is freezing up and then resuming. this is really annoying when watching a movie and esspecially when listening to music. This problem has always persisted since i rebooted my laptop and ever since the reboot the pc has been running much slower in games and such. I do not think this is a driver problem because i have downloaded all the dell drivers and ended up just sticking with the drivers i have from the installation cd. I do not think that this is a result of a virus because for the most part i am not connected to the internet and would appreciate any help possible.
im running windows vista home basic sp2
-

Edited by hamluis, 01 September 2011 - 02:50 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Have you run full scans with both your anti virus app AND with MalwareBytes?

Boot to safe mode - how do things run there?

#3 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

so i tried to run malewarebytes but in the middle of the scanning process the computer blue screened and restarted. (have tried serveral times). i just got internet so i have to download some antivirus software and i will check if the computer runs well in safe mode

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

The fact that you don't have an AV installed is worrisome. I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum on this site.

#5 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Well I don't know how I couldve gotten a virus cause I haven't been using internet or have been connected to the internet since I reformatted my computer except to read emails and post this but now my computer won't even start in safe mode cause of a fatal error and when I try to start my computer it just restarts. I'm on my phone to write this rite now and I need help -_-

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

And the help I'm offering is a suggestion that you post in the Am I Infected forum on this site. Before we start looking elsewhere, let's know for sure whether or not the system is infected.

#7 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Isn't there a way to move this topic intoanother section of the forum? Web browing is difficult on my phone...

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Do you have an error message you can give us?

P do not know where this was moved from so tell me is tis XP or another.
Let us see if we can get Safe mode to run.
Vista users my need to save it to the desktop first then right-click the icon and choose "Run as Administrator".

Please download and run SafeBootKeyRepair.exe.

Once it has completed, please try booting into Safe Mode. Select safe mode with Networking so you can download.

Try MBAM again.

If possible install then scan with this free AV. Click>> Avira Antivir
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

I have a new post in this same thread with more info

#10 ineedalotofhelp

ineedalotofhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

I'm running vista and can't use safe mode.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

Let us see if we can get Safe mode to run.
Vista users my need to save it to the desktop first then right-click the icon and choose "Run as Administrator".

Please download and run SafeBootKeyRepair.exe.

Once it has completed, please try booting into Safe Mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users