Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista re-install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AhrenFox

AhrenFox

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

I just bought an Acer laptop (cheap), the operating system which is Vista is corrupted and didnt come with a recovery disk. All that I have for Vista is a Dell re-install disc and I was wondering if I could use that disk to re-install Vista on the Acer or I can just up grade to Windows 7 but I dont really want to waste that install on this laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jericho380

jericho380

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

I am not a bleeping computer tech, but no, you cannot use a dell re-install disk on an Acer. Dell only works with Dell. On start up, do you have an f10 option? Some times this button re-installs vista to factory settings. Then again, that may be a Dell option also...I've worked on too many of those.
Funny thing about "The Blues", You can listen to them when your Happy, Sad, Angry, or just plain Blah. It's a non discriminating mood music. :) HP Pavilion a1600n Windows XP media edition 2 gigs ram 1TB with external hard drive. Or depends on which computer I plug in that day....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users