Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re: Internet Explorer Webpage Wont Load/slow Loading

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 diyahnih

diyahnih

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

I am missing above mentioned files from internet explorer; does anyone know where i can download these files to replace the ones that are missing. I've google searced all over the internet; Or will i have to download & reinstall internet explorer 6? :thumbsup:

i have windows XP home edition version 2002, with service pack 2.
Thanks-
diyahnih

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

diyahnih,

If you have your Win XP CD you can repair IE. I'll link you to 2 sites that explain how it's done. Remember both of these sites methods of repair require that you have your original XP CD handy.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article

theeldergeek.com method of IE repair

Be (sfc /scannow) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:23 AM

Have you searched your hard drive for these files? The reason that I ask is that Windows may have just "unregistered" them - so that IE reports them as missing.

If so, try this free fixit tool to repair IE's registered files: http://djlizard.net/software/dial-a-fix/ It's a nifty little tool and it takes the pain out of re-registering files for several common Windows problems.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users