Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to get back my fast Acer Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChasSquirrel

ChasSquirrel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

I have an Acer Aspire 5532 w/ 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD Athlon 1.6 GHz processor and 3 GB RAM. This my first and only Windows 7 computer right now. I want to do some maintanence on it to speed it back up but not really having much success. I am very familiar with Windows XP but the tricks I use for it, don't seem to work for Windows 7.

My primary question is how to speed up Internet Explorer 9. When I first installed it, it was extremely fast. I was very impressed because that is what it actually advertises as it's best feature. I do not use toolbars in IE and the minimal add-ons so I can not find out why it has slowed down so much in the last month.

I would also like to know what processes/services are not needed in Windows 7? When my computer gets sluggish I go into the task manager and see so many things running that I am not familiar with. I have used the hijackthis tool a couple times to stop some things but they seem to come back. I am attaching my lastest hijackthis log to this post. I have a bunch of entries with 'missing' files and I have no idea why. I have not uninstalled anything since I ran the tool the last time.

I'd appreciate any advice and insight into this Windows 7 animal.......

Mod Edit: Removed HJT log, since that is a malware tool and is not to be used for system troubleshooting...and there is no indication that your topic should be moved to one of our malware forums ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2011 - 11:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

First you say it's IE9 that needs attention then you say the system gets sluggish. Please describe the problem(s) you are experiencing IN DETAIL.

Also, if it is just IE have you tried Firefox (just to see if the problem is actually with the browser)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users