Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound, please advise

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MsDoolittle

MsDoolittle

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hello all,

We were given a Nobilis desktop (probably either a 08 or 09 model)and there is no sound. I have my speakers plugged in, and so I checked the Device Manager. There is a yellow question mark under "Other Devices" and under that, another yellow question mark by "Mulimedia Audio Controller" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)". Everything else says that it is working properly.

If you can help me out, I'd be most appreciative! I will try to give you any info that I can. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 angelacat

angelacat

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:48 AM

Hello all,

We were given a Nobilis desktop (probably either a 08 or 09 model)and there is no sound. I have my speakers plugged in, and so I checked the Device Manager. There is a yellow question mark under "Other Devices" and under that, another yellow question mark by "Mulimedia Audio Controller" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)". Everything else says that it is working properly.

If you can help me out, I'd be most appreciative! I will try to give you any info that I can. Thanks in advance.

If you just used some programs which is able to record screen or audio then the sound setting may switch to virtual sound card. Check it in sound settings and choose pc speaker then the sound will retrieve. Or you may not drive the sound card!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Yellow markings by anything in Device Manager...generally means that either the drivers for that device haven't been installed...or that device is not functioning properly with the drivers installed.

Installing the respective drivers will make the yellow marks go away.

Did anyone give you any CDs/DVDs with the system?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users