Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Photosmart C4480 installation problem!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cean

cean

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Hello. I have a HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One Printer, and I am having trouble installing the software. To be specific, the HP Solution Center and the computer error: Fatal Error During Installation.

First, Whenever I install the software with the CD, It goes fine, until I reach the STEP 4/4, it freezes in 96% and a windows pop out indicating FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION. HP automatically installs an executable program: HP INSTALLATION REPAIR - XP, ( i don't know what the specific name is) then it shows the possible solutions which did not help me.

Secondly, When I right click the HP Digital Imaging Monitor and click on Launch HP Solution Center, a window pops out and says NO HP DEVICE DETECTED. HP SOLUTION CENTER WILL CLOSE NOW.

I am on my third time installing and re installing the software and it still fails to run on its complete functionality.

How can I solve these 2 major problems? Please help me.

Thank you so much. Whenever possible, please provide a complete and concrete solution that can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zordon

zordon

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

That CD is probably out dated. First unplug the printer usb cable from the computer, then open the Start menu and go to All Programs>>HP>>*Printer Name*>>Uninstall. Follow all instructions from the uninstaller. Now go to the HP website to download "HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers". Run the downloaded setup and follow all the instructions.

Edited by zordon, 30 August 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#3 cean

cean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

Ok. Thanks, I will try and update you.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

Also try temporarily disabling your antivirus software while installing the drivers.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users