Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:53 PM
Okay so I take it you are not interested in repairing this screen.
I personally am one of those people who does not like using any electronic devices that has electrical problems.
It is not unheard of for even 'battery' operated devices to over heat and start a fire.
But I will answer your question off the record, but you assume responsibility for the out-come.
I know that sounds absurd in a way, but I have been in the electronics repair field for over 38 years now and I even tinkered with electronics as a hobby when I was a young teenager, so believe me when I say using and operating faulty electronic devices can actually cause a fire, this can happen with battery operated devices as well.
As a professional, it is hard for me to recommend anyone to use faulty electronic equipment, so please understand where I am coming from here.
I do not recommend using the laptop in its current state, however, if you wish, you can reconnect the wiring if you so wish to do so.
If your screen is damaged, and you value this laptop, I would recommend locating another screen for this laptop and replacing your current one, then hook everything up as it is supposed to be.
You can look on line and do price comparisons to find a cheaply priced replacement, this will also allow you to take the laptop away from the house, which is what laptops are intended for.
If you were able to use the laptop with the two wires hooked up and using an external monitor, then please feel free to do so. I can not guarantee safety doing it this way however.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge.